Welcome to the Eureka District Destination Imagination Website! Each school year, we have approximately 15 teams participate in Destination Imagination throughout our district's schools.
Interested in joining Destination Imagination? There will be an information night in September in the Olympus multipurpose room. Come join us and see if Destination Imagination is a good fit for your child. This meeting is for interested parents and students from kindergarten all the way through eighth grade.
Destination Imagination is a program which provides structured, team problem-solving competitions. Teams are given a wacky, mind-bending challenge with a set of guidelines in which they are to creatively produce a solution. The solutions include some kind of building, design, written, and performance components. Through these challenges, creativity and teamwork are emphasized. The teams are encouraged to try something different, to experiment, to stretch. Each team member is recognized for his/her strength and contribution to the team. Every student benefits from this program and learns to be successful in a variety of situations. If you enjoy sharing ideas, thinking outside the box, and having fun, come join this enthusiastic group of students and adults. A team of 4 - 7 students and an adult coach/manager will have until March 5, 2016 to develop a creative solution to your choice of one of the challenges. This year's Challenges are described briefly below. As a team, you will present this solution with other Region 1 students at the Regional Tournament to be held on March 5, 2016 at Olympus Junior High School in Roseville. Competition levels are Primary (noncompetitive, K-2nd), Elementary (3-5th), Intermediate (6-8th), Secondary (9-12th), and University-Military.
Maze Craze - Technical
- Design and build a device, called a Maze Traveler, that will navigate a tournament provided maze.
Unlikely Attraction - Scientific
- Create and present a story that features an Attraction operating in an Unlikely location.
Drop Zone - Engineering
- Design and build a structure from a specified set of materials that can withstand impacts from dropped weights while being as light as possible.
Change of Tune - Fine Arts
- Create and present a two-act Musical that includes a change of plans.
Treasure - Improvisational
- Create an improvisational Skit, live at the tournament, that tells the story of Explorers returning a Cultural Treasure to its rightful owner.
Inside Impact - Service Learning/Project Outreach
- Identify a community need and then plan and execute a Project that will address the need. Theatrically present the Project in a dramatically effective way.
- Rising Stars (K-2nd grade only) - Non competitive