- Superintendent's Corner
- District Administration
- District Goals, LCAP & Federal Addendum (2023-24)
- Emergency Information/Resources
- History of EUSD
- Public Notices
- School Boundaries
- School Information
- Start/End Times for Schools & the EUSD Calendar
- Vision and Pathways
- Why EUSD?
2024-2025 New Student Registration (Fall 2024)
- If you DO NOT RESIDE within the Eureka Union School District boundaries please proceed to the Interdistrict section below.
- If you Do Reside within the Eureka Union School District boundaries but wish your child to attend a different school other than your resident school, please proceed to the Intradistrict section below.
- If you Do Reside within the Eureka Union School District boundaries and wish your child to attend your resident school, please proceed to the Resident School section below.
- Requests must be submitted no later than March 29, 2024 to be considered for the next school year.
- Student will maintain good academic standing, attendance and proper behavior as determined by the principal of the school of attendance
- No transportation will be provided
- Intradistrict students may be asked to return to their school of residency to permit new students to enroll in their neighborhood school. Changes could occur at any time within the school year.
- Your IntraDistrict request will be reviewed after the deadline in March. You will receive an approval or denial notification email from PowerSchool Registration or the school site office will contact you directly.
- You are required to complete BOTH online forms below:
If you are requesting your child(ren) to attend a different EUSD school other than their resident school, your registration process is not considered complete until BOTH forms have been submitted. Students enrolled for the 2024-2025 school year will also receive an Annual Student Information Update notification which allows you to enter more detailed information about your child for the start of each new school year such as current health concerns and emergency contact information.
- Check your School District of Residence website for their Interdistrict Transfer Request form. It is easiest to use the search feature to find it.
- A designee of your School District of Residence will sign and date the release form and will email or mail the form to the Eureka Union School District transfer department.
- Our initial deadline for us to receive all completed forms is March 29, 2024. We will still accept transfer requests after that date, however we cannot guarantee placement in the requested school(s). This is based on space in the requested grade level/program.
- Once received by our District, the information is logged on a spreadsheet for the principals to review. Your family will receive notification of acceptance, conditional acceptance or denial via the provided email address.
- For students in grades 7 - 8, you will also need to obtain and provide your requested school a copy of your child's Academic Transcript (including current grades), Attendance Report, and Disciplinary Record (from school of current or most recent enrollment)
- Once you have initiated the Interdistrict Transfer process (steps 1 & 2 above), click HERE to complete the 2024-25 online New Student Registration form. You do NOT need to wait until your student has been released by your district of residence to complete the registration form.
2024-2025 Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten General Information
TK / K Registration Information
- 2024–25, children are eligible for TK if they turn 5 between September 2, 2024 and June 2, 2025.
- 2025–26, LEAs are required to make TK available to all children who will have their fourth birthday by September 1* of the school year.
- 2024-2024, Child must be 5 years of age by September 1, 2024, to attend regular Kindergarten per Education Code 48000.
In addition to completing the appropriate New Student Registration procedures outlined below, you will be required to provide the following documentation:
Report of Health Examination for School Entry Form (CHDP) - This is a requirement for 1st grade, but we provide it for incoming Kindergarten students because it is valid for up to 18 months prior to entering 1st grade. Please be advised for the 2024-2025 school year that the physical examination must be completed after February 2023 in order to comply with this requirement. This form must be completed by an authorized medical provider, signed, and stamped.
Oral Health Assessment Form - Must be completed and signed (or stamped) by a dentist prior to May 31st of the student's first year in a California public school.
The School Locator will help you determine which schools serve your address. If your home is close to a boundary line please contact the Eureka Union School District Office at 916-791-4939. Please click on the School Locator link to enter an address, or click within a boundary map to view street names.
Simply use our online Registration page to view your school and required documentation.