Eureka Union
School District

Considering Retirement
Top of Page

It's an important choice to make and there are a few key areas to review, such as understanding your retirement benefit, completing required forms and making decisions that will affect your retirement.

We can provide you with some basic guidance on CalPERS & CalSTRS, but recommend you contact them directly and speak with a retirement counselor to guide you through all the options that are available to you for your retirement. You can also visit CalPERS & CalSTRS online and review your account summary for information such as your current balance and service credit. 

Top of Page

 Here are a few additional links to guide you through CalPERS online.
CalPers Contact (888) 225-7377

Top of Page

Here are a few additional links to guide you through CalSTRS online.
CalSTRS Contact (800) 228-5453

Employee Benefits - Retirement Plans
Top of Page

Retiree Health Benefits 
Top of Page

Health benefits are an important item to consider when retiring. Here are a few things that can help you make the decision. 
  • If you are not currently enrolled in health benefits with the district and are considering retiree health benefits you will need to enroll for health benefits with the district during open enrollment prior to retirement.
  • If you are over 65 or your covered spouse is over 65, you will need to sign up for Medicare A and B.
  • If you do not wish to continue benefits, then you just need to complete the SIG form terminating coverage.

Our SchoolsTop of Page